SW Museum Skills Programme – New sessions open for booking!
We are delighted to announce that our final tranche of 2017/18 SW Museum Skills Programme sessions are now open for booking!
For this tranche we are pleased to be working with Collections Trust on Rights Management which will cover Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), in particular works protected by copyright; and the Real Ideas Organisation with sessions on engaging children and young people with your museum and its collections, as well as how to broaden your pool of volunteers.
Our South West Museum Development Officers will also be running sessions with our Audiences and Insights Officer delivering Understanding your Museum Audience to help museums understand who their users and non-users are and our Sustainable Volunteering Officer on how to recruit volunteers and provide effective support.
Also with the upcoming changes to General Data Protection Regulations in May 2018 we will be running a session to support museums and their compliance, plus an In-Focus session for those interested caring for textile collections with a kit provided to take back to your museum.
To secure you place now and for full details CLICK HERE to book!
Museum Skills: Essentials
- 18/01/18 Understanding your Museum Audience – The Holburne Museum, Bath
- 22/01/18 Rights Management- The Salisbury Museum, Salisbury
- 07/02/18 Achieving Greater Diversity in Volunteering – Castle House (Museum of Somerset), Taunton
- 20/02/18 Making the Most of Working with Young people & Schools – Castle House (Museum of Somerset), Taunton
- 21/02/18 Recruitment & Retention of Volunteers – Swindon & Wiltshire History Centre, Chippenham
- 06/03/18 Equipping Museums for the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – Exeter Community Centre, Exeter
Museum Skills: In Focus
- Making the Most of Your Textile Skills in Caring for Costume & Textile Collections- Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter 25/01/18 £20 per delegate,
The SW Museum Skills Programme is open to all of those who work or volunteer within a museum which is either Accredited, Provisionally Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation. To check your organisation’s status, please see here. The South West Federation of Museums and Art Galleries also contributes to the programme to enable its members’ access.
If you have any questions about the SW Museum Skills Programme please contact us on email@example.com