Raising the Standard
The South West Museum Development Programme working with 10 museums and heritage organisations across Devon and Cornwall has secured £67,500 from Heritage Lottery Fund as part of a £81,900 project to conserve, interpret and display 15 banners alongside a programme of community engagement and the development of an online schools resource.
The museums will work in partnership through the festivals, village fetes, special events and celebrations of local communities during summer/ autumn 2017 to engage local communities and schools in the vibrant social history and contemporary relevance of the banners of Devon and Cornwall. The programme of activity will allow us to share the local stories of social justice, identity and comradery and, as activity develops we will share this news here and via our social media channels.
- Grampound with Creed Heritage Centre, Cornwall
- Helston Museum, Cornwall
- Mevagissey and District Museum, Cornwall
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum, Cornwall
- Saltash Heritage Museum and Local History Centre, Cornwall
- Sidmouth Museum, Devon
- South Molton and District Museum, Devon
- The St. Ives Museum, Cornwall
- Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life, Devon
- Whimple Heritage Centre, Devon
This project builds on 3 years of foundation work with the volunteers and staff from the 10 museums to assess the conservation, collection care and display needs of the flags and banners. To find out more about this previous activity please see here.
Please find below a list of contracts for which we are seeking delivery agents for.
Community Engagement Officer
Conservation Contracts x5
- 1.B Grampound_Conservation_Proposal_2017
- 2.B. St Ives_S.Molton_Sidmouth_Helston_Conservation_Proposal_2017
- 4.B. Penlee_Whimple_Conservation_Proposals_2017
- 5.B. Mevagissey_Conservation_Proposal_2017